Need something printed, copied, or faxed? The Ames Free Library has a printer, photocopier, and fax machine for public use. All printing and copying transactions are subject to the Library's Computer & Internet Use Policy.
To print, you may log in to our public computers (with your library card or a guest pass), and send your document or image directly to our printer.
OR you can send your print job wirelessly via your mobile device! Just email your document or image to email@example.com and follow the instructions that you will receive through email. To retrieve your print job, you may enter your email and assigned password at the printer in the Fireplace Room. Detailed instructions are posted at the Library.
- Pricing is .15/page Black & White, .25/page Color. Double-sided copies = 2 pages. Please pay for your prints at the Reference Desk.
To make copies, visit our photocopier in the Barrel Vault Room (up three steps from the Reference area). There are instructions posted which you may follow, or ask a librarian for help! Our photocopier makes Black & White prints only, in 8.5 x11", 8.5 x 14", or 11 x 17" sizes.
- Pricing is .15/page for 8.5 x 11", and .25/page for the larger sizes. Please pay for your copies using the vending station to the right of the copier.
To send a fax, our public fax machine is located at Queset House, 51 Main Street, North Easton, in the First Floor Information Cafe. Instructions are printed on the fax machine, and you may lift the handset to listen to voice instructions.
- Pricing is $1.75 for the first page, plus $1 for each page after, up to a total of 20 pages at a time. Credit and debit cards are the only accepted method of payment at this time.
- This machine sends outgoing faxes only
- Open during Library operating hours: Monday through Thursday 10 a.m. - 8 p.m., Friday and Saturday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.