An overabundance of caution continues to be the order of the day as the Library continues to expand services. In accordance with the State of Massachusetts reopening plan and in keeping with Town directives, the following guidelines will be followed:
- Any person feeling unwell should not enter the building.
- To protect our vulnerable populations, masks and social distancing are encouraged for all persons over the age of 2 years who are entering the building.
- Visitors must conduct their business as quickly as possible, with a maximum of 1 hour inside the building.
- Visitors must take all precautions to maintain rules of hygiene.
- The option to pick up holds from the window will remain for those who choose not to enter the building; advance reservation required. To reserve a window pickup appointment, please visit our Simplybook.me reservation site to see available time slots. (You may also email email@example.com, call us at 508-238-2000, or use the chat box on the left side of our home page.)
WHAT YOU CAN DO IN THE LIBRARY:
- Pick up your holds from the holds shelf/use self-checkout machine.
- Pick up your holds with the help of your friendly library staff.
- Request reading advisories from staff.
- Receive reference assistance for both adults and children on the middle floor.
- Browse the collection, now including the Teen Den. The Children's Room is limited to three families or up to 10 people at any one time, so short waits may be required.
- Computer usage for 1 hour once a day. Walk-in computer usage is typically available. To reserve appointments for our computers, please visit our Simplybook.me reservation site to see available time slots. (You may also call us at 508-238-2000, or use the chat box on the left side of our home page.)
- Study space appointments in a Barrel Vault Room alcove for up to 1 hour, once a day. To reserve an appointment for study space, please visit our Simplybook.me reservation site to see available time slots. (You may also call us at 508-238-2000, or use the chat box on the left side of our home page.)
- Use the printer.
- Use the copier.
- Use the scanner.
- Use the fax machine.
Please also note that our book drop (located across from the handicapped parking spaces) is open for all returns. Any late fees will continue to be waived.
WHAT YOU CANNOT DO IN THE LIBRARY AT THIS TIME:
- Use of Queset House.
- Book donations. Please check our Donation Options page for other area organizations accepting book donations.
We strongly encourage making the most of the Library’s virtual programs, downloadable materials, and online databases as well as the online catalog for placing holds. If you would like a reference librarian to pick three books for you, you may also fill out our Readers’ Advisory Form. You can also find inspiration at our AFL Readers’ Corner.
Need internet? Please feel free to use the Library or Queset House's wireless networks: "Ames-Guest." Both are accessible from the parking lots of their respective buildings, and do not require a password. If you would like to use a laptop, you may also request one of our circulating Chromebooks.
If you do enter the building, please be aware that Library staff is working hard to keep all surfaces and materials sanitized regularly so that you are kept as safe as possible in this unsafe world!