Longing for a St. Patrick’s Day party this year? No need to leave your cozy home - join the Ames Free Library for a rollicking new Irish Pub Online!
On Saturday, March 13, 2021, our Irish Pub Online will include:
- An Irish whiskey class (with a limited, optional tasting experience - see details below) with local historian and educator, Edmund Hands
- An authentic virtual Irish seisiún where you can kick back and revel with the musicians of The Barn Burners String Band, Kevin and Patrick Kidd, Melissa Foley and Rodney Larcom!
- A pre-ordered take-out dinner and dessert prepared by Shovel Town Brewery and Rosemary Fresh (paid separately)
For our Irish whiskey class, optional "nip flights" for tasting are sold separately and will be available for the first 14 purchasers, $15 per person. *Flights have sold out, thank you!* Please feel free to attend the whiskey class, even if you miss out on the flight or if you'd just like to listen in! If you prefer to purchase your own whiskeys, the labels covered will include:
- Redbreast 12 year
- Redbreast Lustau
- Redbreast 15 year
Delicious dinner and dessert options (also sold separately) include:
- Your choice of either corned beef & cabbage OR beef stew, plus two beers for $25 per person
- Bailey’s Fudge cupcakes, three for $12
- Mini beer breads, two for $8
*The dinner and dessert ordering period has closed as of March 9 - thank you!*
Saturday, March 13 Irish Pub Online Schedule
- After 4 p.m. - Pick up of dinner, dessert and "nip flights" at Shovel Town Brewery, 50 Oliver Street, Rear, North Easton
- 6 - 7 p.m. virtual whiskey class with Edmund Hands
- 7 - 9 p.m. virtual Irish seisiún
Joining the Irish Pub Online is easy:
- Register in advance for the whiskey class at 6 p.m.: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJcsdOmvpjkoHtHKZdPvRl5oay01HVqFQ6cH. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
- Then from 7 - 9 p.m., our Irish Pub Online continues with a seisiún from The Barn Burners String Band! Tune in via Facebook Live!
Donations are welcome and benefit the Ames Free Library. Visit our Square Store to donate, or you can support us during the Barn Burners String Band's Facebook Live performance!
Questions? Contact Marion Wingfield, Development Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 508-238-2000, x5.