STEP ONE: Select items from the library catalog.
- Visit Ames Free Library's Catalog by following the link on the top right of the home page.
- Type what you are looking for into the search field to the right.
- Click “Search.”
STEP TWO: Place your items on hold.
- If you completed the above search steps, all you have to do is click on “Place Hold.” Done!*
- We will contact you once your requests are ready.
*We will also be available to place holds via email or phone, between the hours of 10 a.m. - 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. These requests are limited to THREE queries. Email email@example.com or call 508-238-2000.
If you would like us to choose three items for you, please fill out our Reader's Advisory Form and we will contact you when your items have been placed on hold.
STEP THREE: Schedule and pick-up!
- To reserve a window pickup appointment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, call us at 508-238-2000, or use the chat box on the left side of our home page.
- At your chosen pick-up time, please bring your library card to our pick up window, located to the right of our book drop (across from the handicapped parking spaces). Show your barcode to the friendly library staff member!
- Once identified, the window will open and your requests will be handed to you through the window.
- Leave the area, taking care to maintain a six-foot distance between yourself and other Library visitors.
Questions? We are available to help between the hours of 10 a.m. - 8 p.m, Monday through Thursday, and 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Please email us or call us: email@example.com or 508-238-2000. You may also use the chat box on the left hand side of our home page.