We are now offering curbside pick-up of library materials from 10:15 a.m. - 4:45 p.m., Monday through Saturday. We are available to schedule pick-ups of holds during the same hours. (Walk-ups cannot be accommodated due to social distancing requirements.)
- The Library building will remain closed to the public.
- You may now request any items from the library catalog and pick them up by appointment, as statewide transit has resumed. However, please keep in mind that there may be significant delays in receiving your holds from other libraries. If you would like to see what the Ames Free Library has available right now, please visit our Selecting On-Shelf Materials instructions.
- You may return your library items to our book drop, as statewide transit has resumed. However, there will be no late fines accruing during the period the Library remains closed. Due dates have been extended to July 31, 2020.
THREE EASY STEPS to pick up materials!
STEP ONE: Select items from the library catalog.
- Visit Ames Free Library's Catalog by following the link on the top right of the home page.
- Type what you are looking for into the search field to the right.
- Click “Search.”
STEP TWO: Place your items on hold.
- If you completed the above search steps, all you have to do is click on “Place Hold.” Done!
- We will contact you once your requests are ready and confirm your 15-minute window for pickup.
- If you miss the appointment, we are available between the hours of 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. to reschedule your appointment. Please call us or email us to set up a new time: 508-238-2000, ext. 3 or email@example.com.*
We will also be available to place holds over the phone or by email, between the hours of 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. only. Phone and email requests are limited to THREE queries. Call 508-238-2000, ext. 3, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like us to choose three items for you, please fill out our Reader's Advisory Form and we will contact you when your items have been placed on hold.
*Walk-ups will not be possible as per social distancing rules.
STEP THREE: Pick-up!
You must bring your library card and show the barcode at the pick-up window.
- Once identified, the window will open and your requests will be placed in a bin.
- Wait for the window to close before collecting your material from the bin.
- Leave the area by following the one-way arrows chalked on the ground.
Note: Borrowed items will not be due for return until July 31, 2020 or later.